For many, the thought of holiday travel induces a panic – long lines at the airport, far too many cars on the roads, the planning and packing before even stepping foot out the door! When I travel I like to make sure I’ve brought along some of my favorite comforts from home to make my trip more relaxing and enjoyable. With this “what to pack” list you can let the stresses melt away and enjoy your holiday.
1. Cashmere Shawl - Steer clear of the airline-provided blankets and wrap yourself in this instead! Packing a large shawl instead of a bulky blanket also saves room in your carry-on because you can wear it right on the flight. Bonus, you can wear it again when you reach your destination to dress up an outfit, or stay warm if you’re visiting a chilly destination.
2. Sanitizing Hand Wipes - These are great, not only for use of cleaning your hands when there’s not a sink, warm water and soap within reach, but also for wiping down surfaces – airplane tray table, armrests, even the seat!
3. Clinique Moisture Surge - This gives your skin an instant surge of moisture, especially helpful after a dehydrating plane ride! Look refreshed, even if you don’t feel it. Makeup applies smoothly right over the top.
4. Eye Mask - Rest your eyes without interference from light with a soft eye mask.
5. Travel Shampoo - Just because you’re traveling, doesn’t mean you have to let your locks go limp. Purchase your favorite shampoo in travel size, or pamper yourself and use something nicer than what you use at home when you travel, a little treat to yourself.
6. Tazo Zen Tea - This tea comes in individual bags, so it’s perfect for stashing in your purse and drinking on the plane, or once you arrive at your destination to help you relax and renew.
7. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones - Best for listening to your favorite soothing music, watching a movie or TV show. Bonus, no interference from crying babies or chatty nearby travelers!
8. iPad - Read a book, your favorite magazines, listen to music, or watch a movie -- all from one slim device. I love flipping through magazines and turning the pages of a book so I don’t know if I could ever give up the “real thing,” but when I travel I don’t want the added bulk of books and magazines weighing my carrying-on down. This is slim, doesn’t take up much space, and provides hours of entertainment.
9. Uggs - These playful and stylish boots will keep your feet warm, cozy and happy.